Wednesday 1 June 2016

Lemon and Thyme Roast Chicken.

Today has been a somewhat quiet day and the weather hasn't helped either.  It was the perfect day to roast a chicken.  I don't know about anyone else, but when the weather is pants outside, I like to batten down the hatches and cook.

Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.

First, I wanted to add some flavour to the chicken.  Sometimes chicken can taste a bit blah and bland.  So, I raided the fridge and the cupboards and came up with a lemon, thyme and garlic combo.  It was killer..... Totally what the chicken needed to be dressed with.


Here is a close up of the three amigos, just in case you didn't know what they looked like ;-) 


I rubbed the chicken head to toe with butter, making sure I covered every surface.  Next I sprinkled sea salt.  This is good for crisping the skin. Carefully, I lay the lemon slices on top of the chicken along with a few sprigs of thyme.


Next, I stuffed the cavity with some lemon halves, garlic cloves and thyme.  This helps to allow the smell to permeate the chicken and makes your kitchen smell divine.


Just artistically scatter the remaining ingredients around the chicken.

Pop it into the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 90 minutes, turning it half way through cooking.

I decided to add some baby potatoes to the tin and allowed them to roast alongside the chicken.


After 90 minutes, remove the chicken and allow to rest for 15 minutes.  This allows the juices of the chicken to settle back into place and make it all moist and juicy again.


In another tin, I roasted some sweet potato and more baby potatoes.  These can be placed into the same oven as the chicken, on a lower shelf.  They take 50 minutes to cook.  Half way, give them a little shake in the tin, to move them around.  This should allow them to brown evenly.


Enjoy, Love Sarah Xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig