Tuesday 11 August 2015

Strawberry Greek Yoghurt Popsicles.


Well, we are three weeks into the school summer holidays and I hope everyone is having fun!  We have been busy, visiting London, Oxford and Legoland with the kids. A great time has been had by all and new memories have been made :-)

I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to find it difficult to feed the kids healthy snacks whilst they are at home all day.  There's only so many bowls of fruit, unsalted peanuts and carrots they will eat, before they start pulling faces and saying, "Oh, not again!"  So, in a flash of inspiration I thought I would try to make something healthy and exciting ;-). Cue..... Strawberry Greek Yoghurt Popsicles.... Anything to grab their attention!

Ingredients:

Punnet of Strawberries.
Carton of 0% fat free Greek Yoghurt.




Method:

Chop fresh strawberries into chunks.
In a bowl, pour in the yoghurt, then add a teaspoon of caster sugar and stir well.
With a small spoon, carefully place spoonfuls of the yoghurt mix into a Popsicle mould.  Layer the spoonfuls with the strawberry chunks.


I have actually lost the tops of the Popsicle mould, so I have used some leftover plastic spoons.... Anything works, really ;-)

Place the unfrozen Popsicles in the freezer for a few hours to set and then carefully ease them out of the moulds.


Hopefully, these will help with the healthy choices I am trying to get the kids to make.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig