Wednesday 4 January 2012

Stop Auditioning.



Stop moulding yourself into a person you think other people want you to be!


There, I said it! Out loud. To other people, would you believe?

Seriously, right now I could kick myself. Hard! It has only taken me two decades, yeah, you heard right....... Two decades, to reach this conclusion.  That's a long time to live with idea that you have to be, do and say what other people expect of you.


The best advice I can give to you and myself this year, is to take off the mask.  Let your full self be realised.  Don't live your life according to the expectations of others.  Let your authentic self shine brightly, as you step boldly into 2012.

All my life I have been a people-pleaser.  Trying my hardest to fit into lives of people I find my life's path crossing.  Feeling like I am the one who has to meet their standards, their measure of acceptability.  Upping my ante to ensure I am acknowledged and recognised.

 SMACK, BANG, WALLOP, POW!


This is actually a two way process! Who Knew??  Whether it be a job, friend, lifestyle, possible future mate. You have to consider is this a good match for me?   Stop and ask yourself, not so much, are you good enough for them, but rather, are they good enough for you?

Question, what do they bring to the table of your life?

 Why not consider life as a matching process?  As a two way transaction? Because essentially, that is exactly what life is.

It's very difficult not to look internally at yourself when you find situations or people in your life that don't match.  It can be tempting to over-analyse where you went wrong, what you could have done differently, how you can overcompensate to ingratiate yourself with the situation or person.  Don't! You should never change yourself to match another person's idea of who THEY think YOU should be. Just chalk it up to a mis-match and move on.

It pays to be honest with yourself . Who you are, what your beliefs are, your strengths and weaknesses, because when people are a genuine match they gravitate into your orbit and become firm believers in your life and you in theirs and believe me when this works....... it works. Fireworks explode in your heart, because you know you don't need to be anybody, but your authentic self.



You are perfect how you are.  Never forget.


" I am who I am and who I am needs no excuses " ~ Gloria Gaynor.






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig